Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category
Deep Cleaning Is Essential
Eagle Hardwood Flooring is working throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to assure our customers that we are working with caution in accordance to the latest guidelines; maintaining social distance and equipping our employees with masks, gloves and sanitizers.
The safety of our customers and crew members are of upmost importance to us. We understand the essential need our customers are facing to keep their floors clean and disinfected. Wood floors can be found harboring mold, asbestos, high VOC residues, and germs brought in from outside the home. We’ve introduced a new service to help our customers keep their floors disinfected! We use a professional wood floor washing machine that removes 99% of all germs and dirt. Our machine, the BONA Power Scrubber Deep Cleaning System, uses a hot water and soap mixture combined with a sanitizing solution.
We hope to help in any way we can during this challenging time.
NWFA Certified Wood Flooring Specialist
Eagle Hardwood Flooring’s showroom has every type of wood flooring, stain colors, and finishes that will suit your needs.
We use environment-friendly products without VOC, we have DUSTLESS sanding, and sand-less refinishing.
We offer professional wood flooring, cleaning, and many more innovations from the wood flooring world.
Our company participates in frequent training to remain up to date with innovations in the wood flooring industry.
Thiago Lima, the owner and founder of Eagle Hardwood Flooring is a certified sander and refinisher and a certified installer credited by the National Wood Flooring Association NWFA.
Our experience and certifications make it possible for all of our products and jobs to meet all required standards and rules from the organization responsible for the wood flooring industry in America.
You will have the certainty that you are receiving a final product and flooring job that will last for a very long time.
Invest smart on your wood floors with Eagle Hardwood Flooring.
Call us to schedule a meeting at our showroom with Thiago Lima, a specialist who will blow you away with knowledge and innovations from wood flooring industry! 1-844-EAGLE-NY
Thiago Lima, owner of Eagle Hardwood Flooring, LLC.
Thiago is a proud certified installer and finisher recognized by the National Wood Flooring Association (NWFA). The accreditations require installers and finishers to undergo several skills and knowledge tests to be approved and recognized by the NWFA.
Thiago brings with him over 21 years of wood flooring expertise and continuously stays up to date with the wood flooring industry. Through attending courses and seminars related to new products and new application methods, Thiago is constantly building upon his ability to serve his customers. He understands the nature of all wood species, grades, and cuts and knows the right products for each type of wood floor.
Flooring Trend In Westchester County & Fairfield County: Ceruse Wood Finish!
Ceruse Wood FinishTo keep you up to date with the latest flooring trends, today we are introducing you to a new trending style- Ceruse Wood Finish. Ceruse Wood Finish it’s basically a process of rubbing a contrasting color into the pores of the wood to highlight the patterns of the wood grain. Although we often see this type of finish with Oak, it works well with many types of wood.
How the style of Ceruse is made:First, the chosen wood is stained with a traditional wood stain that will create a consistent color throughout. After the stain is set in, a special type of white/clear wax or paint is brushed onto the wood. When wiped off, the wax or paint stays inside of the wood grain but is removed from the surface stain on other parts. This technique reveals the natural wood pattern by contrasting the grain from the original stain color. In other words, ceruse finish is a method of finish that allows a lighter grain into a dark color stain changing the aspect of the staining process that usually gives you a darker grain. The process of cerusing wood takes time and patience if you want it done well! In earlier years, it was preferred that the wood stain was dark and the grain was white, creating a large contrast in the colors. Now, cerused wood can be found with all shades and colors of stain. Cerused line, these floors pop wherever you put them, an ingenious mix of elegance and eccentricity. Ceruse Wood finish is a technique that only a few professionals are capable of achieving good results. At Eagle Hardwood Flooring we specialize in custom textures and colors from ultra- matte to high- gloss finishes, all suitable for both residential and commercial application. Give us a call today or simply fill out the form below for more information on Ceruse finish or any other type of finish.
Buff & Recoat Or Refinish Hardwood Floors in Westchester NY & Fairfield CT
Should I Recoat & Refinish my hardwood Floors?
Difference between both!
RecoatRe-coating is the process of buffing the hardwood and applying one coat of finish, this is also known as resurfacing. You may recoat your floors to completely change the color of the finish, to retexture, or to simply reapply the same finish that was already on the floor. Recoating is an expensive solution to bringing back life to a worn out finish or floors and it’s normally completed in one day.
RefinishingRefinishing is the process of sanding the wood until is bare and applying stain color or a sealer for a natural color, followed by a few coats of finish, usually either oil based or water-based polyurethane. This takes 3-4 days for a regular size home. The beauty of hardwood floors is that you can choose any color and apply to your existing hardwood floors, you can select from matte to high gloss finishes, and you don’t necessarily need to replace the floors. Refinishing is an amazing process that can give you brand new floors without having to purchase new floor. This is a great news! Not only will you save money, but you can actually make money. When you refinish your floors you add value to your property and improve your ability to sell your home or business. Floors are the first part of a home or business people notice. Beautiful floors is how you can make a great first impression. Refinishing hardwood floors is easier, faster and cheaper than you might think. The results are always better than you expect. The results are always better than you think.
Hardwood Floors Colors: How To Choose? Westchester NY
Should I do modern colors for my floors?
- What is the best color for my hardwood floors?
- Should I choose dark or light colors?
- Should I stain or leave my floors natural?
- Light, Medium and Dark Brown stains will always be in style.
- Such as Golden Oak, Early American, Provincial and Dark Walnut.
- When browsing, focus on pictures that have similar furniture and wall colors to your own home.
- Consulting with and interior designer may also be a great place to start.
Hardwood Flooring Color Trends/ Westchester NY
What hardwood color should you choose?
Gray Hardwood Floors
Our tips for gray hardwood floors
- If you are starting out your home improvement/building project from scratch or plan on reinstalling hardwood floors, you can use pre-finished gray hardwood.
- If you already have hardwood floors in your space, you can achieve the gray finish by using a stain that uses white wash to achieve that shade.
- Once you have decided on your perfect gray shade, we recommend that you use a water based poly instead of an oil based poly to better preserve the gray color.
Blonde Hardwood FloorsBright, beautiful blonde hardwood floors are the perfect addition to add warmth to your space. Pairing blonde woods with dark walls or dark furniture will give your space a modern look. Light color walls and furniture with light color floors will make the room appear larger and give the sense of more space. There are different types of wood you can choose, below are our recommendations.
Our tips for blonde hardwood floors:
- Bamboo is the light hardwood floor that we recommend, it is easy to care for, moisture resistant, and durable. Bamboo hardwood floors will make your room look stylish and elegant.
- Other types of wood that are used to achieve a light color are maple and birch. We offer samples of different wood types that will help you make the right choice.
Dark Hardwood FloorsDark hardwood floors are bold and have become very popular to give your home a sense of luxury. The dark color makes floors look sleek and very classic. You can achieve this look by using darker wood types or by using different finishes.
Our tips for dark hardwood floors:
- If you have a large or open room, dark floors will look great. This color is also a great choice for commercial spaces, it will make your floors look smooth and shiny.
- You can contrast this color by using light colored walls and furniture. Or you can use dark or gray cabinets, and finish the look with white or light counter tops.
- If you are concerned that dark colors show dirt and scratches more, we recommend using a satin finish to minimize their appearance.
- We can show you samples of different finishes to help decide how dark you’d like to go.
Unfinished Vs Prefinished Hardwood Floors/ Westchester NY
Unfinished vs Prefinished Hardwood FlooringDeciding between Unfinished Hardwood or Prefinished Hardwood Floor can be difficult. To help you decide which type of wood flooring is right for you home, here are some helpful information.
Two Main Types of Hardwood Flooring
Wood Floors can be broken down into two main categories, prefinished and unfinished. Both floorings have their unique advantages and drawbacks, so it is important for you to educate yourself on each. Both hardwood floor types can provide a beautiful look to your home décor; however only you will know what’s right for your house.
When to choose Pre-finished
- If you are installing the wood flooring in an existing home, pre-finished flooring is generally easier to install.
- Pre-finished wood works better in areas that receive high traffic and heavy wear and tear because it provides a more durable finish.
- If you are trying to avoid fumes and a big mess, pre-finished flooring is cleaner to install.
- If cost is a concern, pre-finished flooring is typically less expensive.
- If you are installing the floor in a room with high humidity, pre-finished flooring resists buckling and warping and is suitable for changes in climate.
- If you are looking for a fast and easy installation, pre-finished flooring is the choice to make.
- If you are looking to use engineered wood, most come pre-finished.
When to choose Unfinished
- When trying to match to an existing floor or trim, unfinished wood is generally easier to stain to match.
- If you are having the floors installed throughout your entire home, having the floor finished on site will provide a more uniform color and finish.
- If you are looking for an unusual wood species or specific plank width, unfinished wood flooring offers the most options.
- Unfinished flooring would be most appropriate if your home has historical significance or if you are trying to maintain the architectural integrity of it.
- If your floor is not precisely level, you may opt for unfinished flooring because it doesn’t depend on a precisely level subfloor the way a pre-finished floor does.
If you are still unsure as to which type of wood flooring to choose, call our office at (914) 438-8778 or fill out the form below to get a consultation with our wood installation professionals. Ask about the different types of wood flooring. We can bring samples of different finishes and wood types so that you can see them. Samples would allow you to visualize the flooring with the lighting in your home and with your furnishings.