Hardwood Floor Repair
A properly installed wood flooring can last for over 100 years, but that doesn’t mean they are indestructible. You might think or hope that your hardwood floors would never need anything done to them, but there’s a great chance you will need a hardwood floor repair done at some time or another. Whether is a water damage from a washing machine or dishwasher or even a big gouge in your floors from dropping something heavy on it, floor gaps etc.. but don’t worry; at Eagle Hardwood Flooring, we can fix any type of repair you might need. If your floor it’s losing it’s luster, you can probably have it enhanced by having it screened and recoated
. If your floors has some fairly deep scratches, you can likely need a more involved refinishing
process completed. If you have anything beyond those, you like will need your hardwood floors repaired. Minor damage to hardwood flooring can easily be repaired by a professional that understands the need of your floors. Here are some common hardwood floor problems and solution if your floor needs an extra attention.
- Water Damage- One of the most common hardwood floor repairs. Having water on your hardwood floors won’t destroy it. However, prolonged exposure to water will in fact cause the wood to rot and deteriorate. Depending on the size of the damaged area, it can usually be fixed within one day.
- Floor Gouges- Another common hardwood floor repair is a gouge. A gouge is simply a hole or very deep scratch in your floor. But easily fixed as well when done by a professional.
- Floor Gaps- It’s a noticeable separation between two or more boards in a room, or throughout your house. Humidity is the single biggest contributing factor for floor gaps. Gaps are an expected seasonal change in hardwood floors, however there could be different reasons for a bigger gap; in that case a repair is required.
- Buckling- This is the most extreme reaction to moisture in hardwood floor. Buckling occurs when the wood flooring actually pulls up from the subfloor, lifting several inches in one or more places. If caught early, spot repair and replacement may be possible.
- Cupped Floors- This is when the edges of a board are higher that its center, due to moisture coming from underneath which causes the wood to expand.
- Split and Cracked Floors- When homes are heated in the winter, boards can shrink, and spaces appear between the boards.
At Eagle Harwood Flooring we can isolate & remove any type of damaged flooring and replace brand new matching wood. Once the repair is done we can sand,, stain and finish to make it look like your floor is new again.If you have an area that needs attention, small or big give us a call 914-438-8778 or fill out the form bellow. We’d be happy to stop by and see what we can do to help your floors look nice again.